My plan of work consisted of various stages.
- Carry out research
- Look at various brochures
- Visited manutd.com and took the virtual tour online
- Decided on elements that would be included in the brochure, i.e. what tour information, prices, times and so on
- What colours to use
- How many pictures would be used and where to put them
- How to make the previous three points appealing and easily informative
When I had factored all this in, I put my idea done on paper and sketched the various pages for the brochure. The sketches are below.
I decided to create gradients using the colours red and black for the cover page and red and white for the rest of the brochure in keeping with the clubs colours. I placed the Man Utd crest in the words Old Trafford on the cover page by creating outlines and placing the picture of the crest. The cover page also had a picture of the stadium itself. The rest of the brochure was to be informative. The three inside pages detaile information on the football club, the stadium and the museum. This is to give insight into fans and indeed prospective fans. Pictures from the museum and around the staium will give a visual idea of what to expect on the tour. The main font i used was Minion Pro, with black as the colour, for headings I made the text bold or combined red fill with black stroke.
My finished brochure did not vary much from my initial plan and sketches. I had a particular idea and once down on paper I went with it. I liked the way my design translated from my sketches on paper to InDesign and in colour. Below is my final product.